If you own a Peloton Bike or Bike+, you know that the standard water bottle holders are pretty flimsy and don’t accommodate large water bottles very well. Enter the TrubliFit Extra Large Bottle Holders – designed specifically to hold larger water bottles on the Peloton Bike. I bought one to hold my 40oz Hydroflask water battle, and here’s my review.
First impressions upon unboxing were good – the bottle holders ... (more)
This is my review of the Uuffoo outdoor rock Bluetooth speaker from Amazon. I got it during Prime Day for $64. Here’s the thing… it was on sale, only 1 left in stock, and no reviews. I figured what the hell… I could always return it right?
It can change colors, has a built-in solar panel, and is made for sitting outside so you can “rock out”.
Our pool area ... (more)
I’ve had the Goldman Sachs titanium Apple Card now for a few months and I love it. It’s easy to manage everything with the Apple Wallet app, it’s secure, but it also doesn’t work at some places.
For one, it’s a MasterCard (not Visa) so it’s not accepted at some major retailers… the main one being CostCo, where we do a lot of shopping. Even paying with Apple Pay using ... (more)
The pandemic affected us all in some way–good and bad. Mostly bad. This post is about a good way. In the excess downtime my daughter and I went all-in on Star Wars. This is a franchise that I appreciated and respected, but avoided for the most part getting into for lack of time. The gateway drug for me was The Mandalorian. After that, we decided to watch all the original ... (more)
September 20, 2018 (almost a year ago!) Amazon announced a bunch of new Alexa-enabled devices. The more “out of the box” products included a microwave oven, a wall clock that reminds me of my old classrooms when I was a kid, and the most exciting for me–“Echo Auto”. Being a car guy and loving voice assistants like Siri and Alexa, this was at the top of my “take my money ... (more)
When it comes to the Apple iPhone and Windows iTunes, you can synchronize your bookmarks with Internet Explorer or Windows Safari, and contacts from Outlook or Yahoo! but when it comes to synchronizing your calendar you are severely limited, unless all you use is Outlook, because that’s all you can directly sync with at the moment.
I use DreamHost to host my blog and while it’s a great and fairly inexpensive service, there are some limitations. One is that you cannot run cron jobs without a shell account, which I do not have. A cron job is a frequently executed task, mainly used for running scripts on a frequent basis for website maintenance. While I already do this on my Windows server and ... (more)
Amazon started shipping “exclusively” the new Logitech MX Air mouse last month and of course I had to check it out. Here’s my review of this new toy:
First and foremost: don’t read any review from someone that just got this mouse or has used it for only a day. If I had written such a review it would have been a 5/5 star glowing review.
It’s total desktop eye ... (more)
After a good week’s worth of use, I’ve decided to keep the iPhone, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have its fair share of problems or missing features. Most notable is its built in email client which is a terrific start, but falls short when compared to other mobile phone email clients.
My guess is that Apple has already heard most of these and my hope is that all ... (more)
I decided to blog about Skype Mobile on the Motorola Q after reading a few topics online from people wondering how to get the Skype Mobile application on their Q and wondering how well it really works.
The first problem you will most likely encounter is that the Skype website does not list Motorola as an option on its brands list of mobile devices. In fact, it’s almost impossible to ... (more)
There has been much talk about the invisibleSHIELD by ShieldZone Corporation lately, and for good reason. There aren’t any other skin-tight cases for the Treo 700w that look good! This $24.95 is “military strong”, is a clear application (kind of like a screen protector, but for the entire Treo), has a lifetime warranty, and covers about 75% of the Treo (with the remaining 25% being the keyboard, the bottom, and ... (more)
Alright, the case I got from Verizon for $20 is going back. The huge plastic clip on the back keeps getting in the way and jabbing into my side when clipped onto my belt. Since I got my Treo a few weeks ago I’ve been researching cases to see what else was out there. Thankfully, since the 700w has the same form factor as the 600 & 650, there are ... (more)
I have had the Palm Treo 700w phone for two weeks now, and I’m severely blown away. I’m finally converged, and I love it. I knew this phone could do a lot, but I was surprised at how much it really can do.